Who is a tooth dental cleaning procedure suitable for?
The dental cleaning procedure is almost universally suitable. It’s a convenient way to mechanically clean unaesthetic pigmentation of the teeth. In the event of periodontitis, consult your dentist or dental hygienist first. A dental cleaning procedure is not possible in the case of infectious diseases.
Does the dental cleaning procedure damage the dental enamel?
The air-flow process is based on abrasiveness, which must protect the enamel. The abrasive parts mechanically clean the tooth enamel, removing the plaque. There’s no need to worry about dental enamel damage in outpatient settings. While the tooth enamel is the first contact surface for abrasive sand particles after the removal of the dental plaque and dirt, the condition of the tooth enamel is taken into account and the treatment is adapted accordingly.
The thickness of the grain and material determines the abrasiveness of the substance, and the grinding of the tooth enamel decreases to a negligible extent with a grain thickness of a smaller diameter (grain thickness increases in proportion to the abrasiveness).
A dental hygienist will determine which grain thickness of the dental cleaning procedure material is appropriate for a given patient. Dental enamel damage is avoided when the choice of the abrasive material conforms with the patient's enamel health status.
How does a dental cleaning procedure work?
- First and foremost, the dentist will examine the teeth. In the case of healthy dentition, the patient may undergo a dental cleaning procedure; however, any defects and cavities must be removed first.
- The treatment will be performed by a dentist with the necessary time for a complete recovery.
- Depending on the patient's health needs, a professional hygienist will determine the dental hygiene procedure that results in the dental cleaning procedure. It can be preceded by cleaning the tooth enamel, e.g. ultrasonic and mechanical cleaning. A dental cleaning procedure is generally performed after all mechanical operations, because after the dental cleaning procedure the tooth enamel pores are exposed.
- The final process can be polishing the teeth and applying a fluoride film to their surface. Fluoride gel regenerates the tooth enamel pores that are more accessible after sanding.
- To protect the enamel pores, avoid strongly-coloured meals and sweetened/coloured drinks for at least three hours after the procedure. Also avoid smoking for at least three hours after the process.
Interested in dental hygienist services or dental cleaning procedure? Please contact us.
Dental cleaning cost
All the teeth, individual parts, or only the inner sides can be cleaned. Therefore, the cost depends on the procedure to be performed. Interested in our prices? Check out our price list or get information by phone.